All of the “class” materials will be posted here. This event is for the one of the weekly “lab sessions” that I am holding at our hackerspace to help anyone who needs a hands-on approach. The online materials will all be free, while the lab sessions will be ala-carte and only $20 each ($15 for members)
. If enough people show up, we can even do multiple days per week.
The individual students’ progress is going to define the ark of the class schedule, but the first project is definitely going to be Pong: replicating the original and extending it to more modern imaginations. Some other possible projects: Tic Tac Toe, Tetris, some kind of basic platformer/shooter, some kind of basic RPG. That’s a lot to cover, and I want to make sure things flow with the class to everyone’s interests, so I won’t say much more than that.
Details, one more time:
- August 6th, 7pm
- Hive76, 915 Spring Garden St., Suite 519, Philadelphia, PA
- Bring a laptop, we don’t have many spares to go around
- Blog posts and example code: FREE
- Lab sessions: $20 each for non-members, $15 for members (note that memberships start at only $15)
- Multiple lab sessions per month will be made available