We still want a laser, but now we have a bit more of a focus. Much like the open source hardware Makerbot is for printing, Lasersaur will be an open source laser cutter.
Hive76 really wants to make one! So we have adjusted the pledgie where we are collecting donations to match the new goal: $2000. Here’s the cost breakdown:
- $570 Lasersaur Alpha kit: optics, electronics, belts, fasteners
- $500 Extruded aluminum rails
- $700 Fume extractor for exhaust
- Remaining funds for unseen costs
- Free: Laser tube from Meatcards, Stepper motors from Meatcards or elsewhere, Paneling is nominal.